Scientific Research activity
The department of Social, Psychological and Juridical communications carry out research in the following fields:
- Methodology of modern engineering education.
- Educational technologies in technical universities.
- Social problems of architecture.
- Social-and-ecological, social-ethnic problems of sustainable urban planning.
-Social infrastructure of city: actual problems and innovative decisions.
- Legal aspects of construction and property expertise.
-Methodology of analytical and forecasting researches.
- Generation of new knowledge and forming of innovative intellectual environment.
- Engineering creativity for scientific research, intellectual property as basis for innovations.
- Personnel training for pedagogical work in a technical university.
- Personnel training for research and innovative work, forming of human capital and personal monitoring.
-Methodology for managing innovative projects, creating project teams, conflict resolution skills, developing emotional intelligence and critical thinking.
Scientific research work with students is carried out in the following areas:
1. Individual supervision for scientific student’s research.
2. Scientific guidance and advising students on the preparation of reports for the conference as the results of scientific research student work
3. Publication of student’s articles and abstracts in scientific journals based on the results
( NRU MGSU), collections of academic works of young scientists of MGSU, the newspaper “Construction Personnel”, etc.
The department administer a lot of grant programs.
Successfully completed projects:
1. 530603-TEMPUS-1-2012-1-LT-TEMPUSJPCR (2012-3071/001-001) «Reformation of the Curricula on Built Environment in the Eastern Neighbouring Area» (CENEAST).
2. 564925-EPP-1-2015-1-RU-EPPJMO-MODULE "Intercultural Europe: Urban Planning Based on the Principles of Social Integration" (IEUP).
3. 575378-EPP-1-2016-1-RU-EPPJMO-PROJECT "Migration processes and urban design: EU experience" (MIGPUD).
Work on following projects is being carried out:
1) 586060-EPP-1-2017-1-RO-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP «Excellence in engineering education through teacher training and new pedagogic approaches in Russia and Tajikistan» (EXTEND). Research advisor: Miloradova N. G.., members of the working groups :IT-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP «Modernization of the Curricula in Sphere of Smart Building Engineering - Green Building» (GREB). A member of the working group Ivanov Z. I.
3) 598746-EPP-1-2018-1-LT-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP «Integrating education with consumer behaviour relevant to energy efficiency and climate change at the Universities of Russia, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh» (BECK). Members of the working group : Ivanova Z. I., Miloradova N. G.
4) Project RFBR RF № 18-011-01004 “Improving public hearing procedures: social and legal aspects”. Research advisor : Ivanova Z. I ., a member of the working group Vlasenko L. V.
In 2017-2018 the faculty of the department published 190 articles in scientific journals. Including 76 articles were published in Scopus and WOS.
In 2018, the faculty of the department participated in 20 Russian and international conferences.