Scientific problems that are solved at the Department:
· Functional basis of design;
· Physical functional basis for the design of enclosing structures;
· Thermophysical basis for the design of enclosing structures;
· Design of buildings and buildings considering natural light and insolation;
· Sound insulation and acoustics;
Disciplines that are taught at the Department:
· Fundamentals of architecture and building structures;
· Architecture of civil buildings;
· Architecture of industrial buildings;
· Physics of environment and enclosing structures;
· History of architecture and construction equipment.
The Department trains MASTERS in the direction of training 270800 "Construction" program "Reconstruction and restoration of buildings and structures"; " Physics of the environment and the functional basis of the design of energy-efficient and comfortable buildings»
as well as PhD students and DSc students in the following specialties:
05.23.01 Building constructions, buildings and structures;
05.23.21 Architecture of buildings and structures. Creative concepts of architectural activity.