Department of Design of Buildings and Structures
The teaching staff of the Department is conducting lectures and classes for students (bachelors, masters and specialists) in all training directions and specialties in the following main disciplines:
- Fundamentals of architecture and building structures;
- Architecture of civil buildings;
- Architecture of industrial buildings;
- Physics of environment and enclosing structures;
- History of architecture and construction equipment.
The Department solves scientific problems in the following main areas:
- Functional basis of design;
- Thermophysical basis for the design of enclosing structures;
- Application of the theory of light field for assessment and design of light environment in buildings. Rationing of natural lighting. Design of buildings and design of housing development considering natural lighting and insolation;
- Sound insulation of structures and architectural acoustics of halls;
- Protection against noise of housing development;
- Physical functional basis of design of translucent enclosing structures.