The Institute of Environmental Engineering and Mechanization (IEEM/[IIESM] in Russian) combines
the experience, knowledge and resources of three most important fields of training professionals for the construction industry - Water supply and sanitation, Heat and gas supply and ventilation,
Mechanization and automation of construction.
Institute of Environmental Engineering and Mechanization was formed as a result of structural changes in MGSU in 2011. It combined three most important fields of training professionals for the construction industry - Water supply and sanitation, Heat and gas supply and ventilation,
Mechanization and automation of construction. The Institute system of training is based on the concept of continuous multilevel education. We train future experts, specialized professionals - engineers, focused on research and scientific-pedagogical activity. Scientific research staff is trained in graduate and doctoral studies.
Today, the Institute trains over 1,500 students. Over 100 scientists and leading specialists-practitioners work at 5 departments of the Institute. Each department is a scientific and practical school that provides high quality educational services. Scientific research development and training of qualified scientific staff is another priority for the Institute.
The main research activity fields of the institute are following:
· trenchless technology renovation and construction of pipelines for water supply and water disposal,
· resource-saving in the water supply systems,
· membrane methods of water purification improvement,
· nanotechnology use in water treatment,
· biological and physico-chemical wastewater treatment,
· deep wastewater treatment structures research,
· development of methods for reconstruction and modernization of systems and structures of water disposal facilities of cities and industrial enterprises,
· construction thermophysics,
· energy conservation and efficiency,
· engineering equipment and climate control systems of buildings of different function,
· air-conditioning, refrigeration, compressors, pumps and fans,
· energy-saving machines and technologies,
· automation of technological processes and construction machinery,
· automation of elevators and building and lifting equipment,
· providing security and livelihoods of lifting equipment,
· cranes and manipulators use study,
· carrying out scientific research for means of small-scale mechanization.
Exchange programs for students and academic staff are organized by the Institute together with foreign educational institutions.
To date, more than 3,500 students are studying at different programs of IIESM. Some of them have entered the walls of a higher educational institution for the first time, while others are already receiving not their first diploma. Some of our students are retired officers who decided to get a civilian profession by correspondence or at the evening courses. All our students are different, but they have the same goal - they are eager get the right, relevant, interesting profession.