Scientific and Technical Department
Head: Pavel Kapyrin, PhD
Research and production activities hold a special part at NRU MGSU. Organization and coordination of this direction is implemented by Scientific and Technical Department (STD).
Transfer and commercialization of results of scientific and research activity into the engineering and manufacturing process of construction industry all over the world is a primary mission of Scientific and Technical Department.
Main goals of STD:
- organization and coordination of projects, realized in the frame of science and production activity implemented by scientific departments of University;
- development of material and technical base of University, for the purpose of securing of high level of investigation in upcoming trend of construction science;
- development of human resource of University according to students, postgraduate students and young scientist attraction means for the solving of high technology problems, resolving in the frame of science and production activity.
In science and production activity of University take part Scientific-Research Institute (SRI) and Research-Educational Centers (REC), Scientific-Research Laboratories (SRL) and Scientific-Technical Centers (STC ).
For effective use of innovative equipment for educational, science and research process and for full involvement of University’s departments NRU MGSU has «Center for common use of innovative equipment».
The material base and personnel capacity of university corresponds to world level and allows solving the most actual and complex research and production challenges of branch within the following directions:
- Research and design of building constructions
- Construction materials and technologies
- Nanotechnologies in construction
- Computer modeling in construction
- Intelligent systems in construction
- Safety in construction (including fire, process safety, seismic and ecological safeties)
- Monitoring of the buildings and structures condition
- Aerodynamics and air acoustics in construction
- Water supply and water-removal
- Mechanics of soil, foundation engineering. Geotechnics.
- Hydraulic engineering constructions, including located on a sea shelf
- Regulatory and engineering provision for construction industry (Eurocodes)
- Energy efficiency and energy saving in construction
- Forensic engineering evaluation
- Architecture and city administration
- Automation and mechanization of the enterprises in the construction industry
- Power and special construction
- Real estate management and housing services and utilities
Academic research is carried out at 3 research institutes and 37 research laboratories, 39 research centers, as well as at many others separate multidisciplinary subdivisions of the University.
Scientific Policy Department
Head: Aleksey Adamtsevich, PhD
Scientific and innovative activities for Moscow State University of Civil Engineering as a National Research University have a highest priority. The Center of Scientific and Innovative Activities (CS&IA) was established for organization of scientific and innovative activity at the University. Supporting the effective development of scientific schools of University and increasing of scientific and technical levels and effectiveness of scientific research in general - is a primary mission for Scientific and Innovative Activities.
Main goals of CS&IA:
- formation of effective innovation structure and content of scientific and research activity, integration of science, education and venture practice based on fulfillment of scientific and creative potential of university staff, development of the priority scientific and research directions of sectoral and academic science;
- planning of participation and realization by university departments scientific, research, design and experimental works according to priority directions of scientific and technological activity.
At the present time the University trains the PhD according to 35 scientific specialties and DSc according to 24 scientific specialties. Involving of students and postgraduate students into research work is important direction of scientific and innovation complex activity of MGSU. Participating of young scientists in conferences, seminars, competitions for winning grants, exhibitions - an integral part of scientific life of University.
Academic staff of University and the research teams conduct researches within seven large directions:
- civil engineering and architecture: high quality of the environment of activity in the conditions of comprehensive development of the territories – architectural, engineering, urban development and social issues;
- complex safety in civil engineering, namely, complex safety of objects and building systems, ecological safety of urban lands;
- power and resource efficiency of engineering systems of buildings, structures and construction-site equipment;
- technologies of information systems in design, construction, service of buildings and constructions;
- construction materials and technologies: modern construction materials and technologies, development of nanotechnologies in the construction materials production;
- construction of power plants, namely, development and improvement of engineering solutions and technologies applicable in the construction of power plants, waterworks and environmental protection facilities; geotechnical problems of construction operations;
- urban management; economics and management of construction operations;
- utilities and real estate management.
All departments of NRU MGSU are involved into the scientific and research activity. Several Scientific-Research Institutes (SRI) and Research-Educational Centers (REC) were created at University for implementation of research on general scientific areas and for target staff training for high-technology industry markets. Commercialization of scientific and research activity of University is carried out on base of incorporated circle of Small Innovative Enterprise (SIE), which are very active introduces results of research teams works into the real production.
Integration of scientific-research and scientific-production activity of University allows to affective introduce the innovation into the technological processes of enterprises of construction industry. It characterizes the practice oriented direction of the research activities at the University and which provides the close cooperation with enterprises of construction industry.
Department of Scientific and Teaching Staff Training
Head: Aleksei Bespalov, PhD
The topical goal of the academic and innovative and academic and educational activity of NRU MGSU is the training of highly qualified Masters, postgraduates and candidates for a doctor’s degree.
The qualification (degree) «Master» - is the second level of higher vocational education.
The training of Masters is carried is 5 highly demanded areas, including 34 training programmes:
«Informatics and computing technics»
At the present moment there are more than 350 Masters students, studying at 30 Departments of the University.
The Master can focus his attention on highly specialized tasks and study areas, needed for the future professional activity (especially in the sphere of innovations) more thoroughly.
Master courses provide the first experience of academic research, helps to master methods and skills, needed for research activity. The Master has the opportunity to try himself as a researcher and then take a deliberate decision concerning the necessity of the continuation of studying at master courses. Master and Doctorate courses of National Research Moscow State University of Civil Engineering has been functioning since 1932, they are the main forms of academic and educational personnel in the system of post-university education and provide an opportunity to upgrade the level of knowledge, scientific and pedagogic qualification on the basis of higher vocational education.
NRU MGSU provides postgraduate and doctorate training in five scientific areas:
- Physico-mathematical sciences (2 scientific specialties)
- Biological sciences (1 scientific specialty)
- Technical sciences (27 scientific specialties)
- Economical sciences (1 scientific specialty)
- Earth sciences (6 scientific specialties)
At the present moment there are 450 postgraduates studying at 48 Departments of the University according to 37 accredited scientific specialties and 50 candidates for a Doctor’s degree, studying according to 24 scientific specialties.
Postgraduates and candidates for a Doctor’s degree, working on theses are provided with a qualified scientific supervision and consultation by celebrated scientists in various areas of civil engineering. They are given assistance in the conducting of experiments and handling of data, received at special Research-and-study centers and laboratories, having unique research equipment.
Postgraduates and candidates for a Doctor’s degree training is carried out according to individual programmes, formed for each chosen specialty and corresponding priority lines of the development of civil engineering. Postgraduates annually undergo attestation, according to which a rating is drawn, concerning the progress of the making of theses.
Postgraduates and candidates for a Doctor’s degree are given contribution for the preparation and defense of theses within the set period of time, publication of scientific articles in journals, recommended by Higher Attestation Commission and leading world editions.
Attestation committees annually conduct theses defense in 22 scientific specialties.
The University keeps in touch with a wide range of partner organizations, actively participating in the educational process with further employment at big building companies of the country.
International Relations Department
Head: Natalia Samotesova
International activity is one of the integral part of the training of highly qualified specialist, having a deep knowledge of domestic and foreign technologies, acquainted with the world building practice, having a wide world outlook and competitive in the world labour market.
The main responsibility of International Relations Department:
- coordinate and administer international cooperation
- establishing and coordinating the cooperation with foreign institutions under bilateral agreements
- supporting academic staff in international activities
- administration cooperation teacher’s mobility
- organization of international seminars, conferences, forums, lectures and e.t.c.
- coordination of visits by foreign guests and delegations at the NRU MGSU
- coordination of the TEMPUS Programmes
- promoting the image of Moscow State University of Civil Engineering
More than 150 students, postgraduate and lecturers of the University annually participate in international exchange programmes. More than 200 lecturers of the University take part in international programmes of further education, qualification upgrading and practical courses. More than 1 500 students and lecturers of NRU MGSU annually participate in international conferences, seminars, exhibitions and forums.
As a modern University with an international focus, we have broad international ties with universities, scientific and research institutes, building companies from neighboring and far-abroad states. At the present moment NRU MGSU is actively cooperating with 80 foreign institutes of higher education from 35 countries of the world. Among them are: Austria, Byelorussia, Bulgaria, China, Czech Republic, France, Finland, Great Britain, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Iran, Japan, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Moldova, the Netherlands, Peru, Poland, Slovenia, Slovakia, Scotland, Tajikistan, the USA, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam.
The University takes part in the programmes of the European Union such as Tempus and Erasmus Mundus programmes, as well as in many international projects and programmes, implemented with the support of the European funds, Agencies, Embassies and many others.
Department of Youth and Information Policy
Head: Ekaterina Chebotayeva, PhD
Information and Exhibition Service provides:
- collecting and information distribution about the NRU MGSU structural
- subdivisions services, holding events
- materials preparation and distribution for the internal and external
- information sharing
- organization and holding of events and seminars, workshops and conferences
- participation of employers of NRU MGSU at the TV and radio programs
- permanent communication with editorial office of construction
- newspapers and magazines, publishing of the articles, press-releases and other information about the NRU MGSU activities
- MGSU taking part in International Construction Conferences, organization and holding the onsite conferences, seminars, round tables during the exhibitions;
- permanent contact with members of NRU MGSU Supervisory Board, support to Association of the MGSU-MICI Graduates public, associations and alliances relations
Advertising and special projects Group organizes:
- internal and external publicity
- issuing and publishing of the books «We are from MICI»; publishing of the first book from the anthology «MGSU-MICI faculties. History and Actual.» , the first edition of the book «My dear Capital, my golden Moscow» dedicated to the MGSU and its graduates participation to the Moscow construction at the turn of 20-21th centuries; participation of the special NRU MGSU events, anniversaries etc.
NRU MGSU publish a monthly newspaper «Construction Stuff» about the academic, social and cultural live in NRU MGSU.
carries out educational work and realize the youth policy of the University coordinates the activities of different structures of the University concerning the realization of the youth policy communicates to the Educational work Council, to the responsible for the educational work persons, to the united comity of the trade unions of NRU MGSU, to the youth organizations of the university, to the faculties and institutes informs institutes and faculties about the youth organization activities, about events and planning programs collaborates with the town, region management structures related to the youth policy
Departments which is part of Administration:
- develops student’ s activities. There are the permanent working school of students active and public youth councils
- organization works to prepare the university events and programs
- organizes the good condition of propaganda teams performances
- puts a lot of attention to the international education of the student through the interclub activity
- supports the innovative activity and the initiatives of the youth
- organizes the humor competition of the Club of the Funny and Inventive
- holds student celebratory events
- organizes the regular repetitions of the artistic collectives and groups
- arranges the different clubs for students activities
- prepares of spots for amateur performingworks with the creative collectives
- creative supervising of the students events
«Student Active» Group:
- organizes the work of the Active Group to represent the University at the events
- youth leader school
- organizes the student university events
Student Working Teams:
organizes the working brigades of NRU MGSU students
support to find a placement for the student and the sites for the working team activities
supervises the working team activities at the sites
Interclub “Planet MGSU”
Head: Elena Soom
Interclub «Planet MGSU» - is a part of the structure of the Institute of International Education and Language Communication.
The main work of Interclub is based on the active participation of the students, who were so publicly active that earned the right to
represent the interests, act, or organize activities aimed at strengthening inter-ethnic relations.
Interclub is a method and system of education of young people of different nationalities. The use of various forms of extra-curricular and leisure work meets professional, age, education, ethnic, and other characteristics of different groups of students in the ongoing thematic activities:
- role-playing games aimed at nurturing feelings of patriotism and friendship among peoples, conflict prevention and post-conflict reconciliation;
- roundtable on cyclical completion corresponding to philosophical and moral principles;
- meetings and conferences aimed at the development of the all-Russian identity and ideology approvement;
- master classes on public speaking and acting skills, personal self-fulfillment, legal aspects, successful communication training;
- lectures, reports, discussions on various branches of knowledge, theme parties, oral magazines, evenings of questions and answers, discussions, meetings with veterans of labor and war, representatives of science, technology, literature and art;
- increase of young people knowledge about the ethnic and cultural diversity of the world with the help of organization of events like «Meet the Country!»;
- organization of work with foreign graduates, communicating with them through online communities, that allows to track their professional development;
- preparation and implementation of the cultural program with visits to museums, theaters, concert halls, exhibitions, excursions to the historical sites in Russia;
- correcting information after the evaluation of any activities conducted by the Expert Council of the representatives of management, social, administrative, legal and law enforcement organizations.
Carrying out activities of such level confirms the idea of the effectiveness and productivity of joint efforts to create a communicative space between people of different cultural and religious traditions.
Interclub is a key community in the education of culture of interethnic communication in high school, strengthening of a common general education space. Asset of the Interclub are the leaders united against domestic extremism, international and religious conflicts.
Each member of the Interclub in the capabilities of his/hers practical self-affirmation, accounting and implementation of his/hers distinctive interests, talents, abilities, needs and well-being feels like a person, an integral part of the team and society. On this basis the national well-being of both organization and individual student is formed.