The department of Metal and Timber Structures is preparing students in the following directions of preparation:
08.05.01 "Construction of unique buildings and structures"
08.06.01 "Engineering and construction technology”
The department carries out researches in the following areas.
Direction of Metal Structures:
- study of the actual work and analysis of spatial beam systems, including taking into account the constrained torsion of thin-walled beams of the open profile and the design of the joints of the structural elements;
- study of the effect of initial imperfections on the bearing capacity of metal structures;
- study of the actual work and analysis of light-weight cold-formed structures;
- development of methods of analysis and design of hanging membrane metal structures;
- metal dome structures - frameworks, structural elements, methods of erection, assembly accuracy, computing modeling of erection, investigation of construction errors, assessment of the effect of errors on the stress-strain state of dome system;
- study of the survivability of metal structures with local damages;
- study of the actual work of steel frames of multi-story civil buildings;
- study of the actual work of spatial frameworks of existing industrial buildings, subjected to reconstruction
- development of methods for analysis and design of composite monolithic and precast-monolithic structures of floors and columns (including composite steel-concrete structures) of multi-story buildings with a steel frameworks.
Direction of Timber and Plastic Structures:
- development and improvement of new forms of light building structures made of timber and synthetic materials;
- development of new types of compounds of timber and plastics;
- development of new methods for analysis of timber structures;
- study of the actual work of timber structures in different maintenance conditions;
- evaluation of technological and maintenance defects and damage of timber structures;- development of the methods for increasing of reliability and durability of timber structures.