The annual autumn course “Build Your Future” for students from the University of Applied Sciences named after M.S. Ramaya was held in MGSU.
From November 18 to December 7, 2019, the annual Autumn course “Build Your Future” was held in MGSU. Students of the University of Applied Sciences named after M.S. Ramaya, Bangalore, India has been coming to MGSU for the third year in a row.
The course was designed for two weeks, during which our University gave our guests an opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and unforgettable experience in the field of urban planning, engineering, hydraulic engineering and other fields. Moreover, students were given an opportunity to get to know Moscow, Russia, people and Russian culture, and history in general.
As part of the two-week course program, students attended various lectures on construction topics. Students attended lectures such as:
- “Engineering research and monitoring of building structures”, under the direction of Zeid Kilani Leys Zeydovich, research associate of the Research Laboratory of Engineering Research and Monitoring of Building Structures, after which they visited the Laboratory itself.
- “Reinforcement in reinforced concrete elements”, conducted by Lapshinov Andrey Evgenievich, senior lecturer of the department of reinforced concrete, at the same time visited the laboratories of the Research Institute of Experimental Mechanics,
- Semenova Larisa Yuryevna, senior lecturer, and Ksenia Alekseyevna Popova, lecturer of the Department of "Russian as a Foreign Language", conducted an interactive lecture on the topic "Peoples of Russia, Culture and History",
- Nikolai Alekseevich Makisha, Ph.D., associate professor of the Department of Water Supply, gave a lecture on the topic “Engineering tools and methods of environmental protection”, introduced the children to the activities of the Scientific and Practical Center for Water Supply, and also talked about the construction of treatment facilities as part of an excursion to “ Mytishchi Vodokanal ",
- Oleg Olegovich Egorychev, lecturer of the Department of Physics and Building Aerodynamics gave a lecture “Aerodynamic and aero-acoustic research in construction” and gave students an excursion to the Educational-scientific-production laboratory for aerodynamic and aero-acoustic testing of building structures.
Besides lectures, students visited our laboratory complex in our branch in Mytishchi. They visited: the Laboratory of full-scale tests of the Research Institute of EM, the Institute for Integrated Safety in Construction, the REC hydraulic engineering and the engineering center of systems engineering in construction.
Further, a guided tour of the main architectural sights of the city of Moscow was organized for the participants under the supervision of Nikolai Yuryevich Vasilyev, assistant professor of the Architecture department. During the tour students showed great interest and visited the historical places of the city, such as St. Andrew's Bridge and Frunzenskaya Embankment, Vorobyovy Gory Park, Manezhnaya Square and Alexander Garden, Red Square and Nikolskaya Street, and other interesting places.
The second week of the program included even more substantive lectures:
- Benuzh Andrey Alexandrovich, Associate Professor of the Department of the Department of Design of Buildings and Structures, talked about the standards and prospects of green building,
- Losev Konstantin Yuryevich, Associate Professor of Information Systems, Technologies and Automation in Construction Department, spoke about the Features of the information model throughout the entire life cycle of the building.
- Sidorov Vitaliy Valentinovich, Ph.D., associate professor of the Department of soil mechanics and Geo Technics gave a lecture on the topic "Modern aspects of Geo technical construction", and also conducted a tour in the REC "Geo Technics",
- In a lecture on the topic “Unique Buildings of Russia”, Elena Vladimirovna Sysoeva, Ph.D., associate professor of the Department of Design of Buildings and Structures, spoke about the most striking construction projects recently implemented in Russia.
- Examined models of well-known hydroelectric power stations and hydraulic systems at the Department of Hydraulics and Hydro technical Construction lead by Kudryavtsev Grigory Mikhailovich, a senior lecturer.
The program also included trips to the “Scientific and educational center of Nanotechnology”, and Danilina Nina Vasilyevna, Ph.D., assistant professor, head of the department "Urban Planning", gave students a lecture on transport planning. Finally, Pilipenko Anton Sergeevich, Ph.D., associate professor of the Department of Building Materials and Materials Science, gave a lecture on the topic "Modern building materials."
The excursion part of the program ended with a visit to the construction site of the elite residential complex "City Park" from the construction company "MonArch". On the site, students could see with their own eyes the technologies used in monolithic housing construction and ask questions to specialists, many of whom are graduates of MGSU, who are interested in their questions about technological processes associated with construction at low temperatures. An excursion for students from India was carried out by specialists of "MonArh" Group, headed by Deputy Director General Israelyan Armen Rubenovich.
The Autumn Course ended with the solemn presentation of certificates and commemorative photographs.