International Summer School “Architecture of Moscow”
19 August – 01 September 2018
The general program of the Summer school for senior high school students provides various lecture & excursion activities. Among them: contemporary architecture of Moscow, Moscow art nouveau architecture, architecture of Russian constructivism in Moscow, religious architecture of Moscow, Russian art of the 20th century, city palaces of Moscow, the history & evolution of Moscow master plan, the problems of the historical heritage in contemporary city.
Participants will also attend intensive Russian course that students can complete without any prior knowledge of the language.
International Summer School “Architecture of Moscow” offers to conduct unique survey on the relevant problems of the contemporary capital city.
Program of the summer school will be focused on the next topics:
1. Resources & reserves (an analysis & estimation of urban intensification, reserves usage inside the existing borders against the expanding city policy & exploiting of the free space as a resource);
2. Heritage (an analysis of the city centre architectural environment, existing historical development, an estimation of its consistency & potential, proposal of promotion & evolution strategies);
3. Commuter belt (an analysis & estimation of possible development strategies of peripheral commuter districts, new qualities of the microdistrict urban environment).
4. Russian as foreign language.
The course fee is 600 EUR.
The course fee includes:
• teaching materials
• accommodation in MGSU dormitories
• 2 field trips
• internet access on campus and dormitory
• cultural program