THE MAIN SCIENTIFIC DIRECTIONS OF DEPARTMENT:
1. The solution of the problems of fire and industrial safety: technical regulations and law in construction, metrology, standardization and certification, environmental expertise and evaluation of environmental impacts, environmental management, and marketing, health and safety, including work safety in construction.
2. Development and support of projects: technical regulations, national standards, codes of construction rules, standards of construction organizations and enterprises of the construction industry.
3. Development, implementation and conformity assessment of quality systems of construction organizations, including self-regulatory, international standards ISO 9000; 14000; 18000 and 19000.
4. Development and scientific support of complex and special programs of sustainable development of regions and constituent entities of the Russian Federation.
5. Development and implementation of quality programs and quality guidelines for self-regulatory organizations in the field of construction.
Every year employees of the Department participate in scientific conferences, symposia and other events with awards for the high level of scientific works and inventions.
The XX international Salon of inventions and innovative technologies "Archimedes" was held at the Sokolniki exhibition and Convention centre from 16 to 19 May 2017. The Gold medal and the Diploma for the development of "Generator of high expansion foam with shaped supply nozzle" was awarded to the group of authors from the Department of integral safety: the head of the Department, Ph. D., associate professor D. A. Korolchenko, Ph. D. A. F. Sharovarnikov, postgraduate student E. A. Ovsyannikov.