6th INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE “INTEGRATION, PARTNERSHIP AND INNOVATION IN CONSTRUCTION SCIENCE AND EDUCATION” (IPICSE–2018)
November 20, 2018
NRU MGSU hosted the 6th International Scientific Conference “Integration, Partnership and Innovation in Construction Science and Education” (IPICSE–2018) on November 14 – 16, 2018. The Conference was organized with support from the Foundation for the Development of Construction Education and Science, and with informational support from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation; the Russian Union of Builders (RUB); the National Builders’ Union (NOSTROI); the National Union of Surveyors and Designers (NOPRIZ); the National Chamber of Engineers (NPI); the Moscow branch of the Russian Society of Civil Engineers (ROIS); the Research School “Theory and Analysis of Systems in Civil Engineering (Systems Engineering in the Construction Industry)”; Moscow Department of Urban Planning Policy; Federal Autonomous Institution “RosCapStroi”; Apex Regional Centre for Research Equipment and Facilities Sharing; Industrial and Civil Engineering, a research and industrial journal, Vestnik MGSU, a scientific and engineering journal for construction and architecture.
At the opening ceremony, held in the university’s Assembly Hall, Conference guests were greeted by Andrey Anatolyevich Volkov, Rector, NRU MGSU, as well as the honoured guests, including Igor Viktorovich Mescherin, President, National Chamber of Engineers; Andrei Nikolayevich Shelkovyy, Executive Director, National Union of Producers of Building Materials, Products, and Structures; Nikolai Viktorovich Zabelin, Director, Institute of Investment Project Management, Federal Autonomous Institution “RosCapStroi”; Shota Georgiyevich Khabelashvili, Chairman, Committee for Innovative Energy Efficient Building Materials, Russian Builders’ Union, General Director, Mosstroi 31; Mikhail Mikhailovich Lachinov, Deputy Director, Department of Major Repairs of Moscow; professor Knut Hartenstein, Department FB 2, HTW Berlin (Germany); Vladimir Ivanovich Malakhov, Vice President, National Chamber of Engineers, Director, Stroytransgaz-M LLC (STGM). They highlighted the importance of the conference, particularly, in respect of the industry’s objectives formulated by the RF President.
The following key speakers delivered their addresses at the plenary session and, thus, determined the scope of the problems to be covered by the Conference:
· Professor Sergey Kuznetsov, Ishlinsky Institute for Problems in Mechanics of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Russia): Mathematical Models for Earth Seismicity, Seismic Waves, and Seismic Protection;
· Dr. Jiangmiao Yu, School of Civil Engineering and Transportation, South China University of Technology (China): Development and Practical Application of High Toughness Ultra-thin Friction Course Technology in China;
· Prof. Alexey Bulgakov, Department of Architecture, TU Munich (Germany): Synthesis of the AC and DC Drives Fault Diagnosis Method for the Cyber-physical Systems of Building Robots;
· Dr. Anatolijs Borodinecs, Department of Heat Engineering and Technology, Riga Technical University (Latvia): 3D Scanning Data Use for Modular Building Renovation Based on BIM Model;
· Dr. Pierre El Haddad, Faculty of Management, Saint Joseph University (Lebanon): The Business Case for the Socio-economic Approach to Management;
· Prof. Andrzej Ubysz, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology (Poland): The Model to Describe the Vibration of a Silo’s Wall during Flow Loose Material.
The conference had six sections:
· Building materials
· Reliability and Safety in Construction
· Engineering and Smart Systems in Construction
· Modelling and Mechanics of Building Structures
· Management in Construction
· Risk Management in Construction
Researchers and specialists from Belarus, Brazil, Great Britain, Germany, Italy, Iran, USA, Canada, China, Lebanon, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Sweden, the Czech Republic, and Baltic states served on the Conference committee.
Several research and practice seminars were also on the Conference programme. Their participants considered and discussed relevant issues associated with the development of the construction industry:
ENGINEERING AND AUTOMATED SYSTEMS, MACHINES, AND MECHANISMS IN THE CONSTRUCTION PROCESS
Section 1. Energy efficiency. Urban engineering systems.
Section 2. Technologies for the operation and capital repair of buildings, structures and items of the urban infrastructure.
ENGINEERING AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT IN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY
GEOTECHNICAL, POWER, AND HYDRAULIC ENGINEERING
SYSTEMS ENGINEERING, CYBER-PHYSICAL BUILDING SYSTEMS
RELEVANT ISSUES OF THEORETICAL SEISMIC STABILITY
The student workshop ENGINEERS AGAINST MYTHS was organized for young Conference guests by the Student Research Society of NRU MGSU.
In excess of three hundred research projects were contributed as verbal presentations and poster reports at six Conference sections. Their abstracts will be published in the MATEC Web of Conferences journal, which is indexed by Scopus and Conference Proceedings Citation Index (Web of Science). 114 reports were delivered at the seminar sessions conducted within the framework of the Conference’s business programme. They will be published in the collections of the conference works, indexed by the Russian Science Citation Index.
About five hundred researchers and specialists from 31 countries of the world participated in the events of the Conference’s business programme. Participants appreciated the relevance of the reports delivered at the Conference, their professional discussion and the inviting atmosphere of the event.
At the closing ceremony held on October 16, Andrey Petrovich Pustovgar, Vice Rector, acting on behalf of the Organizing Committee, served Diplomas on the representatives of the international research committee and on the corporate informational partners of the event. He also thanked the Conference guests for their efforts and research findings presented at the Conference. He added that the conferences, hosted by NRU MGSU, had turned into a vital forum for researchers and representatives of the professional civil engineering community.