THE VI GERMAN-RUSSIAN WEEK OF THE YOUNG RESEARCHER
«Urban planning – problems and perspectives»
"MOSCOW STATE UNIVERSITY OF CIVIL ENGINEERING" (National Research University)
Urbanization, as process of cities growth is an objective representation of humankind development. A City is one of the greatest and most complex phenomena in a society. During study of the cities many disciplines, like micro-, meso-, macro- geography, economics, sociology, ecology, psychology, logistics, mathematics, history, and many other disciplines, that, seemingly, have no direct relation to the cities, are tied together. But without them it is impossible to collect whole mosaic of complex phenomena, processes and tasks, studied by Urban science as Interdisciplinary scientific direction.
Urban planning – popular today direction, which studies features of urban development. Urban planning is relatively new, but already takes an important place, it is because of growing need in scientific research of development patterns of towns and cities and rural areas
Many call Urban planning the science of future, because there is hope on it, that regardless of population growth of the planet, we still can achieve our aims on sustainable development of urbanized territories and provide comfortable and safe environment for human life.
In Urban development there is number of tendencies, peculiar to most of the developed countries:
- public management of urban development by involving citizens in development and adoption of municipal development plans;
- development of urban regulation institutions;
- market regulation of land and urban real estate value;
- reducing the role of the manufacturing industry as the city-forming factor;
- emergence and development of new areas of economic activity;
- formation of own system of social values.
Spatial projection of this processes leads to an increased diversity of urban environment, complication of urban systems, and “germination” of those systems.
This is reflected in strengthening differentiation of citizens by income level, lifestyle, status, spatial behavior, in emergence of a new ways to develop urban areas.
Upcoming conference will be an interdisciplinary platform to discuss topics about urban development for young researchers and for leading urban scientists and professionals from Germany and Russia.
The conference will tackle following topics:
1. Urban planning and territorial planning
• New approaches in territorial planning
• Creative direction of cities development and urban systems (including agglomerations)
• Economic aspects of urban policy
• The impact of globalization on urban development
• Resource evaluation of urban development
• Strategic Planning School
• Development of urban regulation system
• Sources of financing for urban development
• Urban planning in market conditions (problems and prospects)
• Affordable housing (policies and programs)
• Strategies for reconstruction of old urban areas
• Urban planning and information technology (inventories, databases)
• Development policies and objectives of urban planning
2. Information technology. Smart City
• The concept of "Smart City"
• Urban management
• Geo information systems
• Distributed power generation
• BIM-technology design
• BIM-technologies in building
• BIM-technology operation
• Intelligent Systems of Decision Support
• Building Management System
3. Transport and engineering systems of cities and regions
• The urban transport
• A city without traffic jams
• Urban streets and roads
• City for pedestrians or cars?
• Major trends in the construction of transport infrastructure
• Engineering infrastructure
• Questions of reconstruction of engineering systems
• Mechanisms for mobilizing resources for infrastructure development
• Political mechanisms for solving transport problems of cities
4. Architecture of urban area
• Formation of urban spaces (architect's opinion)
• Landscape architecture
• The architectural composition of city plan
• Sustainable architecture
• The architecture of business centers, special economic zones of industrial production
• Architectural trends for urban centers formation
• The importance of the historical centers in the development of the territory
5. Ecology of urbanized territories and social aspects of urbanization
• Economy and ecology of a city
• Improving energy efficiency in urban planning
• Environmental aspects of urban policy
• Sustainable Development (21st Century, UN Habitat)
• Urbanization and ecology: processes and phenomena
• Environmental protection
• The impact of migration on urban development
• Assessment of quality of life and living standards
• Social and cultural processes in cities, migrants in the city, methodology and practice of micro-geographical research of cities
• Sociological methods of sustainable development
• Mechanisms for improving urban governance
• Methods of evaluation of urban governance (indicators)
• Social aspects of urban policy
• The evolution of the culture of urban design
• The development of democratic institutions in urban planning.
• Mechanisms for the implementation of urban policy
• Form partnerships for the implementation of urban development programs.
• Development of PR-technologies in urban planning
Work language: English.
The VI German-Russian week is open for young researchers (under 35 years) in area of Urban Science, who conduct research of the cities.